Office Love Story

Disclaimer: Any resemblance with anyone is not intentional


Sakshi is an easy going girl who is independent in nature and doing job in a reputed MNC in India. She is always well behaved, confident, good at what ever she does and speaks up for herself whenever needed.

She is a short girl  with dusky skin .

kunvesh is a smart guy, decent looking.

He is a person with clear vision of what he wants from life. He is an extrovert. He too is an easy going person in the same office and in same team.

He loves sakshi for her personality and always wanted to propose her out but had doubt on how her reaction would be.
He wants to propose her in few days.
kunvesh :  Hey! sakshi

sakshi: Hi kunvesh.

kunvesh: It's already 10:30PM, still in office?

sakshi: There are some changes to be made to the content I have to present tomorrow.

kunvesh: How long will it take to finish?

sakshi: I am almost done and will start in 15 minutes.

kunvesh: Okay, How will you go?

sakshi: I'll take a cab.

kunvesh: ahh, I don't feel cab is safe at this sort of time, if you don't mind, I can drop you at your place. (They stay near by)

sakshi: Oh! Thanks a lot.

kunvesh: Good then, tell me when you are done.

sakshi: yeah.

They went home and next day she just killed the presentation. Everyone were impressed.

kunvesh: That was an awesome presentation and the idea is mind blowing.

sakshi: Thanks.

kunvesh: I definitely think once it is implemented we all can relax a bit.Are you free for coffee this evening?

He asked collecting all his courage

She has nothing planned but wanted to leave office early.

She didn't do much calculation on what might the reason be behind this meet but felt a little strange as he never asked her out.

sakshi: Nothing is planned, so yeah! I am free.

kunvesh: cool, then we will meet at Cafetown 7.00PM.

cafetown is 10 min drive from their office

kunvesh arrived and saw sakshi waiting at center table.

He could hear his heartbeat as he approached her.

kunvesh: Hey!! I was stuck in the traffic, you know friday scenes.

sakshi: That's okay, I usually hate waiting but today I did. This kept me company for these 15 min. (showing the book she is reading)

kunvesh: Good that you are not upset.

Both settled in the chairs comfortably

kunvesh: You are looking good, loose hair suits you.

sakshi: Thank you so much. You look tired, Are you coming from office directly?

kunvesh: Yes, and this traffic… ahh!!! Anyway, what would you like to have?

sakshi: Anything is fine, I do not drink coffee much.

kunvesh: Oh!! I can't imagine my day without coffee.

sakshi: Okay, then order the same for me one which you will have.

kunvesh to waiter: Two caramel Cappuccino please.

sakshi: You liked my presentation so much that you invited me to coffee ah!!? .

kunesh: No..,

sakshi: oh… you didn't like my presentation!!? But in the morning you said you like it.. (she winked )

kunvesh: No, I mean I didn't ask you out for coffee because I like your presentation but I like you.

He bit his tongue for spilling out the words so bluntly.

All the preparation went in vain

sakshi: That is so sweet, Thanks.

Now he has to continue

kunnvesh: sakshi, I don't just like you but admire you for what you are, the way you behave and handle things.

sakshi: Thank you very much but I am not used to compliments.

kunvesh: This is not compliment, I know this is kind of not so romantic or not so filmy but my way if telling you that I like you very much and would love to spend time with you and know you better than anyone. I always wanted to tell you but didn't know how to confess and have no idea how you will react when you know this.

A sudden chill swept through her as she heard him

kunvesh: I have prepared pretty well but everything is ruined, I became nervous.

sakshi: oh my god! But I didn't knew it or got a hint of it all this time.

kunvesh: That is because I know I get anxious and nervous when I am around you and talk to you only if it is necessary or when we are in a group.

sakshi: Yeah! We never talked to each other properly at office.

kunvesh: And never met out of office even though we are neighbors.

Coffee arrives

kunvesh: Sipping the coffee asked. Are you feeling embarrassed listening to all this?

sakshi: Not embarrassed, but surprised.

2 min of silence

She tasted the coffee and she liked it.

sakshi: Your choice is great!

kunvesh: I know, you are great.

sakshi: I am talking about coffee, she smiled.

She tasted another sip of coffee and continued.

kunvesh, let me tell you something, I like people who keep things simple and straightforward. I think you told me what you feel in a very honest and genuine way, without beating around the bush. I see that in your eye that you will let it go if I don't accept this.

You are one of those people at office who doesn't bitch about others or take advantage of other's inabilities. I actually don't see there is something in you which I hate, or at least I think that as I don't know you much.

But for me relationship is something which must not break for things which can not be changed. I used to like a guy who apparently liked me too, but when he knew about my family he kind of stepped back from relation which hasn't started at all, which shook me to an extent that I might not enter into relationship any sooner.

So I want you to know about my family before anything of such can happen between us. I do not want you to find this after we actually like each other and then tend to end it.

kunvesh: I am happy that you are not upset about what I told you. Tell me what it is with your family.

sakshi: It is my Dad, I was born in a poor family and still belong to an average middle class family, my parents are not very much educated, my father is a lazy alcoholic smoker. He doesn't earn much but have all the negative ego in the world . Every day he comes home fully drunk and starts a fight with my mother and It is my mother who takes care of us and family. My father still doesn't care about us. He doesn't treat people the way they must be treated, he abuses a lot. We tried putting him in rehab but nothing changed.

But he is my father after all I might not like him but I love him. I do not know where it comes from but I would do anything right in the world to change him.

I will never leave my family for anything.

So I want someone who understands all this and not get embarrassed with him but accept him. I know which is tough but that is all my heart wants.

kunvesh kept listening to her.

He was silent after she told him all that.

sakshi: What are you thinking now?

kunvesh: Now I understand,

Your parents are not educated, so you studied well.

Your father doesn't treat others well, so you know the pain and you are kind to others.

Your father's behavior with others is not good, so you are well behaved.

Your father is an alcoholic, so you are a member of swechya NGO and also drove that rehabilitation campaign.

Your father does not care about your family, so you never want to leave your family.

He took a pause observed that she is feeling a little uncomfortable now

And continued

"This is a real world sakshi, no family is perfect.

There are people who grew up under these kind of conditions and got influenced by them and become the same again. And YOU, you became a different person all together, didn't blame situations but faced them with all courage and did not let it affect you from becoming a what you are today.

I am instantly finding you more beautiful than ever.

How can someone miss a lady like you. You are one kind of a woman, after listening you, now let it take a year or 10, I will wait. ”

sakshi was awestruck by his words, she was surprised for how he described her for exact reasons why she evolved into a person who she is.

May be that is the moment she fell for him.

Her eyes filled with tears but she didn't want to let them out.

She didn't say anything but excused herself and went to the washroom.

She came back after 3 min

sakshi: I want to go home.

kunvesh didn't say a word but dropped her at her place.

It was 2:00 AM Saturday, kunvesh couldn't sleep he was still thinking about the evening spent with her.

A thousand questions running in his mind.

What she must have felt about the evening and conversation.

Most importantly she didn't said a word what she is feeling about his confession.

It was so silent, his mobile beeped and screen flashed, it was a message from her.

It says

"I never thought something like this will happen to me but I can't stop thinking about you from the moment I left the cafe It is only you in my entire life who understood me very quickly and correctly.

Let's start knowing each other better than anyone else ".

That's it.

They started their journey together as friends and eventually fell in love.

A year later both are happily married to each other.

kunvesh accepted sakshi completely, her weaknesses, her goals, her family and became part of it.






Comments

Popular posts

"Pirates, Indians and Locomotives in Grandma's Attic"

Happy Friendship Day

"Does the opinion of people matter? "